Minimum Advertised Price Policy
Minimum Advertised Price Policy
The MAP Policy:
Kuju Coffee, Inc. or Kuju Coffee, in its unilateral discretion, may choose not do business with any Reseller as to the products covered by this MAP Policy if that Reseller advertises below the MAP price.
Under this MAP Policy, “advertising” includes, without limitation, the following:
- Printed advertisements published in newspapers, magazines, inserts, catalogs or flyers
- Outdoor signs and billboards
- Broadcast advertisements via radio, television, or mobile applications
- E-commerce advertising, including email promotions, paid search results and ad words, and promotions released to or published on third party websites and mobile applications
- Content promoting Kuju Coffee products on any page of a store website
- Pop-up windows soliciting consumers to “click to see the price”
Advertisements that violate this MAP Policy include, without limitation, the following:
- Any advertisement (as defined above) that promotes Kuju Coffee products below the MAP price
- Advertised discounts that add up to the MAP price when shipping costs are included
(This does not include separate “free shipping” offers as defined below.)
This MAP Policy does not prohibit, and does not classify any of the following as forms of advertising:
- In-store signs, banners, hang tags, displays or price tags
- Shopping cart pages on websites and mobile applications
- Price quotes provided in response to a direct consumer inquiry
- Offers for free shipping of Kuju Coffee products
- Loyalty programs associated with store-wide purchases
- Advertising Kuju Coffee products which have been designated by Kuju Coffee as discontinued or obsolete products on the designated Kuju Coffee website
Kuju Coffee will maintain an updated “MAP products” list of those products that fall under this MAP Policy. Kuju Coffee reserves the right to modify this list at any time in its sole and absolute discretion. A current list of MAP products will be provided on the Kuju Coffee website at http://www.kujucoffee.com/pages/resellermappolicy.
Kuju Coffee reserves the right to modify, temporarily suspend or discontinue this MAP Policy, in whole or in part, or designate periods during which the terms of the policy change or during which the policy is not applicable. Kuju Coffee will provide notice of any such changes on the designated Kuju Coffee website.
If Kuju Coffee products are bundled or sold as part of a package that includes other products, it shall be a violation of this MAP Policy to sell or advertise the bundle at a price less than the combined MAP prices for each MAP product, or at a price that has the effect of violating the letter or spirit of this MAP Policy.
Kuju Coffee does not intend to do business with Resellers who compromise the integrity of the Kuju Coffee brand and its products. In the event a Reseller chooses not to follow this MAP Policy, Kuju Coffee, in its sole discretion, may choose not to do business with that Reseller. Kuju Coffee will not accept any communication from a Reseller who has violated this MAP policy regarding the violation or willingness of the Reseller to bring its prices into compliance with this MAP Policy.
Kuju Coffee shall be solely responsible for determining whether a violation of this MAP Policy has occurred, communicating decisions to Resellers regarding this MAP Policy and receiving any communication regarding violations under this MAP Policy. Kuju Coffee SALES PERSONNEL AND INDEPENDENT SALES REPRESENTATIVES HAVE NO AUTHORITY TO MODIFY OR GRANT EXCEPTIONS TO THIS MAP POLICY OR HAVE ANY COMMUNICATIONS WITH ANY RESELLER REGARDING VIOLATIONS OF THIS MAP POLICY UNLESS EXPLICITLY GRANTED BY KUJU COFFEE, INC.
A list with answers to frequently asked questions is maintained on the Kuju Coffee website at https://www.kujucoffee.com/apps/help. Please direct any additional questions regarding this MAP Policy to: firstname.lastname@example.org.